Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun in the Sun - NY Style

It seems like I'm always in town for Hiro's birthday! Though I have to say the Magic Schoolbus last year remains the #1 party of all time, we were definitely all due for some NYC fun in the sun.

The crew spent a ridiculously perfect day at Long Beach... couldn't have asked for a more wonderful weather with a more wonderful group of friends (supplemented by a cooler full of Russian magic water). We bought 140+ pieces of Chicken McNuggets, washed it down with screwdrivers, and were good to go for the entire day. Gross I know, but damn did it taste good.

Tickets to Long Beach are $21 USD round-trip from Penn Station and include the entrance fee. I seriously think that Long Beach is the best strip for the NY Metro area... silky soft sand, fun boardwalk, warm and shallow waters, rockin waves, and easy public transportation access from the city.

Of course no beach experience is complete without an "anatomically correct" merman! Hiro happily volunteers getting patted down, basking in the sun and gender undiscriminating attention.

HAHAHA I love how Hiro's just chilling by himself and his "ball" in the upper-left corner.

Alice proudly proclaims that she can definitely carry me in her wimpy T-Rex arms. She is barely 5 feet tall, and I dominate her by at least half a foot and 30 lbs. Inebriation muddle reality and fantasy. Chaos naturally ensues.

1. "Here, take my drink!" "......"
2. "All right! I got this!" "Okay I'll humor you, my little imp."
3. "WHEE!" "OMG my pants are totally falling down!!!!"
4. *Smush.* I eat sand.
5. "Wah, so I can't carry you?" "No, my dear. Now let's drink some more."

I have no idea how and why we simultaneously made these pufferfish faces.
Is it because "the sky is so beautiful" (her words, ok fine mine)? No, it must be the Asian.

Ed does a total switcheroo on Kathy. Sike!

His middle name is Glenn. Just thought everyone should know. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIRO
May you have many many more parties to come. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment