Saturday, August 20, 2011

XOXO

You know someone is truly looking forward to seeing you...

... when they count down the days until you arrive!

Seeing this stopped me in my tracks, I was just so touched. I stared at this for a few seconds, absorbing the meaning of each X and the final O. My mom has been seriously 世界最好的媽媽, and has put her nagging powers on hiatus so far... although this morning she did remind me that I didn't turn off the lights in the kitchen. I don't understand why she insists on never turning the lights on, do all Asian parents like living in Batcaves?

Hahaha, anyway it feels so nice to be back home in New York. This calendar reminds me what "normal" should feel like, which is why I'm immortalizing it here on my blog. It's wildly hilarious how this is one of those free calendars that Chinese supermarkets give out every Chinese New Year. EVERY SINGLE Chinese family in America has one of these eyesores hanging in their house. It's so ugly and ghetto, and I love it.

Here's to mothers, figures in our lives who will always tell you to be better when you feel self-important but will give you heaping portions of chicken soup for your soul in moments (when you feel like a pile of poo) that truly count! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment