Saturday, August 27, 2011

NYC - 2 Weeks

Notes:
  1. Fabulous view from Press Lounge, Lu's engagement party. Couldn't be more happy for her and her lucky man. :) Hope they find their way to Shanghai!
  2. On the Q27 bus from Flushing Main Street, on the way to my grandparents' apartment. Rides are $2.25. If you buy a $10 Metrocard you get an extra $1.70. I don't get it! Useful round numbers please?
  3. Barclays building on 49th and 7th, the former Lehman headquarters. Coffee and banana bread at Pret with Kelly, a dear ex-colleague. Definitely do not miss the business formal bullshit. Miss the paycheck though.
  4. Times Square to check out the "biggest" Forever 21 store. Generally unimpressed, but managed to pick out 2 items out of the 19048324 available. WIN. Still hate Times Square (and resist the urge to check a few tourists), but my cold heart thaws a bit as I take in the scene. I gape and snap shots like a tourist. Dang it! LOSE.
  5. Cafe Gitane, Soho. Cute little place near Vicki's apartment, occupied by hipsters and interesting people. The guy sitting at the bar next to comments how beets are gross when I order them. Yo mama's gross, and taught you zero manners, mister! I do love beets. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment