Monday, August 9, 2010

Teen Choice Awards

Ugh, I got pwned by that micro midterm. We were alloted 3 hours, which is the same length as the SATs. My eraser (and brain) was reduced into a 1mm nub by the time I was "finished"... what a rude awakening. :(

Anyways, I'm letting my brain air out tonight.. and what better than watching the Teen Choice Awards on TV? It's terribly inane entertainment, but a good culture barometer for marketing firms. Okay, Taylor Lautner just won Choice Smile. I thought that people only won that in middle school yearbooks. Oh right, I forgot this is the Teen Choice Awards. Oh helllll no. That ungrateful werewolf didn't even grant his fans a single smile on the podium. If I were to distill this entire program it'd be: Tweens only care about cute boys with dimples. Oh wait, could it be? A coup d'état!!! Taylor just won Male Fantasy Actor, beating out Robert Pattinson?!! Wow, could there be a Edward Cullen backlash in the works? Team Jacob should seriously consider using their lobbying talents in here in Washington.

Okay no more live blogging.

Seth MacFarlane came onto the show to accept Choice Animation, which was totally rigged since Family Guy, American Dad, the Cleveland Show were all nominated... with Clone Wars thrown into the mix for kicks. McFarlane not only writes, animates, but also provides the voices for Peter, Stewie, Brian, and Quagmire. I love Brian. I love Stewie. Therefore I love Seth MacFarlane. Fine, it's not possible for me to love a man I've never met, but I am a bit enamored. I never knew that the man behind the brilliant elliptical-dimensioned baby was so darn cute!!!


SEE what I mean?! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment