Wednesday, December 14, 2011

H

Karissa commented today that I sound very happy in my blog posts recently.
Yes, I am happy. Truly happy, I am so blessed.

I really can't think of any other period over the last few years when I've felt more at ease. I have a job that pays enough to live comfortably in China. I have a career that puts me in the driver's seat. I have a lovely apartment that I was allowed to paint a beautiful shade of grey. I have a growing group of friends in Shanghai who are kind and interesting. I have a solid group of friends back home that I am looking forward to seeing in January. I have my grandparents still. I have my mother. I have my father. I have my brother. I have love. I have health. I have happiness.

Now I was going to continue this train of thought and say that I was satisfied. Am I satisfied?
The answer is No.

I'm hungry for so much more. Hungry to open doors, hungry to absorb information, hungry to become comfortably self-sustainable, hungry to prove myself, hungry to start a family one day, hungry to travel the world, hungry to take care of my loved ones the way that they deserve.

Happy but hungry. It's a good place to be. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment