Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Resolutions

2012 is nearly upon us and it's the time of the year for responsible human beings to collectively turn into pensive, optimistic, and benevolent overachievers (which will quickly fade away in T+60 days). Well, I think that I've been a pensive, optimistic, and benevolent overachiever for the ENTIRE year.... so contemplative that it makes me want to puke all over your head!!! [Haha pretty extreme.] I am so sick of being the perfect model citizen and performing rational decisions all the damn time that instead I shall make New Years Resolutions that are simply superficial and will benefit no one but myself. Eat poop, Tiny Tim!

1) Learn Italian, to an advanced-beginner stage. What is an advanced beginner? No one knows, that's the beauty of it.
2) Set up an aquarium at home, because I like companionship in all shapes and sizes. Or smuggle Oscar into China when my dad isn't guarding him. Or pick up a stray calico and pretend he is Oscar.
3) Tennis lessons, so I can strengthen my noodle arms for that inevitable day when I have to punch a Shanghai taxi driver in the face when he cheats me out of that extra 10 RMB.
4) Learn to cook well and nutritiously, because if I continue to eat out in China then my kidneys will surely fail and my mother will say "I told you so". That would be annoying.
5) Go see some sharks open water. Try big game fishing. Better yet, catch some sharks, pet them, and release!
6) Learn how to apply red lipstick like a classy woman without deteriorating into The Joker by the end of the night. But I guess that's also an effective way to never get date-raped.
7) Do yoga consistently and eventually be able to touch my toes easily. God, I'm such a noob... damn these long long legs!
8) Look like a hot tamale for the N weddings I have to go to this year. Because I'm not married and don't need to be modest. And maybe I'll even dodge that bouquet.
9) Oh yea, and save money so I can even afford to fly to all those N destination weddings. I cringe. :[
10) Continue Adventures of Cap'n Miffy, in real life and in this online capsule!!!

2011, you've been a bitch and I wanted to cap you countless numbers of times. But I learned a lot and appreciate all that I went through nonetheless. I really don't feel the need to rehash what happened to me since last January right now, especially since I've already written down all the important things here on this blog. Really, contemplation at the end of each year is for those who haven't had the time or the mindset to properly digest what's in front of them. I didn't have that problem this year, and all I want to do is to live in the present and continue to wave in wonderful things for the future. I love life so much, and I'm really happy to be here.

Happy New Year, All. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment