Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Party of Five

It was rare and splendid Saturday morning at dimsum -- splendid because it was spent with some of my favorite people in the world, and rare because gramps actually loosened his purse strings and offered to pick up the check. :p

我們兩位女士

他們三代猴子

I have no clue what gramps was specifically ranting about, but I think it was some conglomeration of how I needed to find a job, make money, marry a man. And then things got confusing because he started pointing at grandma... and I didn't quite understand why she needed to meet any of the above expectations.

I love angry-face gramps (and crazy-face Andrew). :D
"Foolish! You're a foolish girl!!!'
If you didn't get it by now, "foolish" is his favorite English word.

七十年前的我們
"Us 70 years ago"
April 10th, 2006

I found this picture above at my grandparents' apartment today. I can't honestly recognize them... and hold no hope that I'll turn into anything less than a generic pruney old woman when I'm 90-something years old. But, I do have hope that I'll be with someone for 70 years and more, and maybe our grandchildren will join us for many a Saturday dimsum too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment