Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I learned something very valuable over the last few weeks -- it was the unveiling and confirmation of a personal trait that I didn't know was ingrained in my personality. Most people would assume that I'm a ballsy girl, open to trying new ideas and new things. So I automatically assumed I was ballsy too, but how do you know until you actually have to make a move?

On the surface, especially given my lifestyle over the last 2-3 years, I do get painted as a free spirit quite often by people who don't know me very well... but there is always an underlying risk calculation beneath each decision that I make. The only difference between me and other risk-adverse people is that I have certain goals that require me to venture beyond the box, but each step is carefully thought out nonetheless. If I don't feel certain, then I'm not going to jump the gun. And this extends out to how I conduct myself in society and in relationships. I know I'm generally easy-going, but perhaps it's because I don't impose my belief system on others. If you're my friend, you can do the craziest things and I won't even blink an eye. I'll listen and even empathize. But when it comes to how I conduct myself I'm surprised to find that I'm quite the little traditionalist. I was really confused and dismayed at first, but now I realize that's just who I am and that's totally cool too. I'm happy that now I know. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment