Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Window Shopping

My apartment community - 中潭路两湾城

Well, I don't THINK I'm a pervert or a voyeur, but I really like to look into people's windows. That's normal, right? Here they definitely like to air their dirty laundry, har har har......... I did see a naked man once, makes you more careful yourself while changing!

Right now I'm in a transitory period of my life, but I'd like to think that when I actually settle down I won't be living in yet another apartment. I've been living in apartments ever since Freshman year of college (John Jay, baby!) and quite honestly the novelty of sharing a communal space with a bunch of randoms has worn off. Living in an apartment certainly is very convenient, but as someone said to me once, people are meant to live with two feet on the ground. I never realized that perhaps that is why I always felt a little disconnected living in apartments, it is such a different feeling from living in a house. I think I'd much rather live in a modest yet cozy home than a really fancy apartment encased with marble. I really want to have a backyard (balcony is a poor substitute) with a vegetable garden and a big shady tree! I don't know how I'm going to get that here in Asia though... but at the very least I want a rooftop apartment then, which I will then cover with dirt and plant a vegetable garden and a big shady tree. :) There you go. All I need to do now is make a ton of money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment