Monday, July 25, 2011

M50 Art District


I wanted to go to the M50 Art District ever since I stepped foot into Shanghai -- was finally able to explore the area with my cousin Sunny last Sunday! Definitely a satisfying adventure, but better done when it's not unbearably hot b/c many of the galleries DO NOT have air conditioning (and there are no elevators to effortlessly lift you to the top floors).

If you're going to M50 my advice is that the more interesting galleries are not on the ground floor.... they're all rather inaccessible and tucked away in these warehouses, so do some research on their building/room numbers beforehand so you don't wander around aimlessly like we did. I loved Island6 (liu4 dao3) bit was not so hot on the kitchy wannabe "art" on the street level. Snotty? I think not... just discretionary. :)


Yea that's what I feel about China too, Shanghainese pajama man.


One of my goals in life is to shoot a giant weapon (preferably a bazooka).
And YES that is the exact bad-ass expression I would make while doing that.



In a light tunnel that had a sloping ceiling into a tiny door, just like Alice in Wonderland.

After M50, Sunny and I went to Tianzifang (田子坊) for shopping/dinner. Ate at New York Steakhouse for a juicy cheeseburger. I really can't remember the last time I had a burger in China that wasn't from McDonalds...

Haha lens-less glasses are all the rage here in China.
Beyond tacky, I know... if you can't beat them, join (mock) them!


I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her here with me in Shanghai.
Love you Sunny. :)

P.S. She's single.

0 comments:

Post a Comment