Monday, March 12, 2012

A Girl's Best Friends

I wear same 2 rings and same 2 bracelets everyday. I never take them off, not before a shower or bed, and rarely for other pieces of jewelry even if they hopelessly clash. I'm a lazy and sentimental gal. :) 

- A pinky ring that my mom gave me before I left New York, a simple white gold band with two small clear stones representing Mommy and Me.
- A vintage looking amethyst ring that I wear on my right ring finger, bought last summer at Bali's "silver village" as a representation of self.
- Red glass beaded bracelet, bought at Taipei Main Station's underground market for 50NT.
- Simple string pull bracelet with several small tiger eye stones from Ko Phi Phi, matching another one that I gave Vicki.

When I do wear earrings they're usually hoops the size of a small orange -- I guess they're part of an urban identity that I've held onto since high school... ha! :p Other than these go-to pieces, most of my jewelry have sat entangled in a mangled mosh pit from New York, to HK, to Taiwan, to Nanjing, and now Shanghai. I've culled many an item during each transition, so everything that's made the cut is currently indispensable, fitting a certain mood, situation, outfit, quirk. 

Oldest piece: Gold star earring I wore during most of childhood that lost its mate. Sad... :( 
Other life milestone pieces: Heart-shaped amethyst ring (lapse of judgment) from Zales (lapse of judgment) that I got for my Sweet Sixteen (lapse of judgment). Black dangle earrings from Senior prom. 
New pieces: Faceted silver knuckle rings (set of 3, primed to dish out ultimate pain muhahaha!). Leopard ring.

THANK YOU TAOBAO, for making it so cheap and convenient to purchase anything and everything, including jewelry display stands!!! I seriously love Taobao like a fat kid loves cake. After getting my package today, I spent a few hours separating my lump of treasure into an ultimate display of blingbling. Do you know the agony of painstakingly unknotting a nest of chains??? I swear, little voice in your head just starts begging you to just rip the damn thing apart already. It takes a lot of self-control, guys... O_O

But the end result was awesome, and I'm really glad I took the time to do organize my stuff. Now I won't have to paw through my baubles hoping that I actually find what I'm looking for.
Take a look -- my collection is well edited, if I may say so myself. ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment