Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lamma Mamas (HK Part 1)

I've received several complaints about my blog's lack of new material! 對不起!!! Would you believe it if I were to say that I'm actually too busy to update? I didn't think so. No? I thought not... so here's a bone. :)


Last weekend I made a trip to HK to see my girls (and for Halloween, next post!). I can't believe it's been two years since I last saw my Meksavan, it felt like no time had passed since she last saw me in Taipei (!!!). Gloria very graciously hosted the both of us in her home and we had the most splendid time. There's a couple of things that I can't mention here publicly in this blog, but if you ask me in person I'll most definitely share, haha. :p

We made day-trip to HK's Lamma Island (南丫岛), where we "hiked" on a well-maintained concrete path through a very nice respite from the crowded city center. Most people come to Lamma to dine on a wide array of uber fresh seafood, where you can personally pick which creatures should meets their doom (BAD KARMA, GUYS!!!!). I personally always try to avoid this type of meal, preferring to imagine Lamma as a gastronomically inclined petting zoo. A little delusion never hurt anyone. :p

A typical scene in front of Lamma's many beachside restaurants.
Surprisingly all their sea creatures looked very healthy (and thus edible) in the tanks.

Tofu pudding (豆花).
Gloria said that this place was famous. I'm not usually a fan but it was actually quite good as Jess will attest. :D

"Hiking" in flipflops. Always a winning strategy.

I think these are fisheries? Either that or a floating slum. :p

Night scene from the ferry back to HK Island.
HK has the best nightscape in the world, hands down.

Next post -- HALLOWEENIES.

0 comments:

Post a Comment