Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Air Allergies

As I mentioned in my previous post, I came down with a nasty nasty cold right before the first day of school. I left one of my classes early to make a run down to a Western clinic (I learned the HARD WAY in Taiwan that it's best not to leave these things unattended in a foreign country), and was properly medicated.

Now I'm feeling much better thanks to Herr German Doctor!!! :) The state of your health really tints your entire life. I've come to realize how valuable this is as time goes by (and why old people are always toasting to health... even though I usually still toast to cash/money/hoes).

Anyway, I think this is why Nanjing pwned me so quickly:

From my 17th floor pimp pad, a striking view of Nanjing.
I am being sarcastic.
Breathe it in, baby.

I would like to take a nice clear picture from my window someday, but it's been cloudy since the day I got here. I have not seen a single patch of blue sky, although it can be rather hot and bright during the day. It's all very strange... because sunlight can permeate all the cumulus/smog, yet there's no evidence of the sun at all. Hmm... I suspect some weather god action from the Chinese Government. :p

It's "shopping week" for classes right now, and I think I'm pretty much set on which ones that I'll be slaving over for the Fall semester. It's probably going to be:

- Comparative Chinese-American International Investment Law (中美國際投資法比較)
- Game Theory (博弈論)
- International Trade Theory and Policy (國際貿易理論與政策)
- Chinese History since 1949 (1949年後的中國史)

The way I picked my classes are so that they fulfill my SAIS requirements. It just so happens that all of these are also taught in Chinese as well... :/

Sound hardcore? We shall see -- I think the major obstacles are: 1) slogging through the Simplified Chinese since all I know is Traditional Chinese so far, 2) printing out 4390473204 pages of material that these professors think we can get through, 3) actually sitting my ass down and reading (aka resigning myself to a sad sad fate). Oh but guess what, I haven't done #1 or #2 yet, so there's no #3 for me today, muahhahaaha! The gun barrel is directly pointed at my foot. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment