Sunday, December 2, 2012

Toughie

Today was the Shanghai Marathon but I chose not to run it. I've been really looking forward to doing it, even got my tag, chip, and shirt the day before... but this morning when I woke up at 6:30am sick when it was pouring outside, I made the judgement call to opt out.

At that point, I knew that running that race under this condition was not about having fun anymore. I was good about not taking bad substances (so much peer pressure, people!), plus I had trained a bit too. But the thought of wet socks and wet sneakers and wet dog feeling for 13 miles under a weakened state and rainy + windy conditions could seriously induce pneumonia, and that just wasn't worth it. I put my pride and ego on the sidelines. They made a huge ruckus all day... man, I still feel AWFUL knowing that I didn't do something I had set out to do, even if I knew it was for the best. :(

Sigh!!!!! Congratulations to all those who finished the race today!
Next year, baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment