Monday, October 1, 2012

Maroon Wu!

YES, I was one of those 14 year old prepubescent girls who snatched up Maroon 5 tickets the day that they came out on sale two months ago. AHHHH THEY'RE COMING TO SHANGHAIIIII!!!!! I gathered my girl army of Tracy, Julie, Viv, and cousin Sunny and used hypnosis to make them throw down 700 RMB with me. #winning.

I unabashedly like Maroon 5, and no it's not because I really think Adam Levine is hot (he's oh-kay, I like tattoos but check out his limp wrist action in the third photo, ew), but because their songs always always always put me in a better mood. Like one of those musical robot sunflowers, I'll generally bop my head at anything, sometimes in slow figure eights when it's a nice swaying song, but more often like A Night at the Roxbury. I'm obviously someone cool and fun to be around.

Well, after all that build-up and hype, we kind of screwed up in a royal way. Who has been to a concert that started exactly on the dot? Thank you Maroon 5 for teaching us all a lesson that not all rockers are flaky self-indulgent man-whores, and that it is indeed a virtue to be on time. We ended up being almost an HOUR late to concert because we were stuffing our faces at Jean Georges' Mercato and took a leisurely walk to the Mercedes Benz Center. I was quite sad. I only got to sing 20% of the songs that I memorized over the last sixty days, dammit!!! Hahahaha :p No, really. I was really sad.

In China you wear light-up Hello Kitty bows instead of devil horns at a pop-rock concert.


But we did end up hearing the best songs in the 45 minutes that we were there, and they ended with the crowd pleaser Moves Like Jagger. We continued the night at the concert afterparty held at the ever trusty Apartment, where someone very bright (Ty) thought it a good idea to buy a bottle of tequila and get everyone completely smashed on a Tuesday night. That's how we roll, folks.


Before.

After.

0 comments:

Post a Comment