Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Holding My Breath


I was contacted today by a HK publisher who wants to see if I would like to help in an English translation of Lung Yingtai's book Big River Big Sea: Untold Stories of 1949. I'm not sure what role I could play, but any involvement would be absolutely fantastic. I started my own translation project 2-3 years ago as a student at ICLP. That blog seems to landed on their radar, and I'm incredibly flattered that any official publisher would want anything to do with me.. especially since I'm no expert in this subject or in translation. Just a girl who had an interest.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can actually help out on this amazing project.

[UPDATE] The publisher said that the author unfortunately granted the copyright to another publishing house. Better luck next time... !

+1 Goal in life -- get published. Somehow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment