Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cannibal!!!

Stumpy the Strawberry enjoying a healthy fibrous meal of questionable origin.
mmrgghhh.... brains....

First week of 2012, and no impending doom yet. Work is work, I'm happy with the nature but a little scared about the upcoming challenges that I'll have to face this year. It's gonna be a crazy ride... exactly what the doctor ordered, with a side of ulcers. We'll see. 

I'm going back to New York on January 18th to celebrate Chinese New Year with my family, coming back on January 29th. I then stick around Shanghai through my birthday, and then fly back to New York February 9th for work. I don't really mind the travel, especially since it's the only time that I can catch up on all the movies and TV series that I've missed... 15 hours goes by real quick when can finally watch the complete season 6 of HIMYM

I'm adjusting quite well to life here in Shanghai and find myself very settled here. There's always something to do, people to see. I'm also 99% done with putting personal touches in my apartment, with the painting that I ordered on Taobao due to arrive in the next 2 days and the repairman to patch up the ceiling where he installed the new light fixtures I bought. Once these are completed I would like to have a housewarming party, but with a meager 54 sq. meter apartment I daresay this may be too ambitious. I guess no showing off for me. :) It'd probably be better that way, because Stumpy is a very dangerous fellow is also quite territorial with the couch. Beware, mad fruit! Hahahahahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment