Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gone Fishin'

I'm leaving today to go on a 2 week tour of Eastern Europe with Mother Dearest. We're going on a retired person tour, which I don't particularly mind so long as I don't have to nod politely and smile all day. Here are the spots we're going to hit up:
  • Berlin, Germany
  • Warsaw, Poland
  • Krakow, Poland
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
  • Prague, Czech Republic
It's going to be my very first trip to Europe!!!!!! I heard from people that these cities that I'm seeing are gorgeous, and I'm trying to do a bit of reading beforehand so I can appreciate it in a historical context as well. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I really am not as well-traveled as I would like to be, but a couple years ago a Europe trip would have been way too expensive with the Euro/Pound vs. Dollar valuation. If only I were still employed... then I'd totally splurge on [ insert fashion item ] instead of begging for a loan from Bank of Mom. :/

In the spirit of Eastern Europe, I will leave you all with a little something that will change the way you see The Count and Sesame Street forever. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah....! >:)


2 comments:

scorpiojing said...

bleh, Bratislava is in Slovakia..! Give me that book back..! =)

Cap'n Miffy said...

HAHA, omg. I swear knew that, because I read your book. Brainfart!

Post a Comment