Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Loot: Simply Swatch

This model is called "Once Again" (aka GB743), circa 1999
Gender neutral and utilitarian. LOVE. :)

I've wanted to own a Swatch again for a very long time, probably since the very first gift I've ever cherished was a martime-themed Swatch from my parents for my 8th Birthday. Swatch has a very special place in my heart. :) Generally speaking, however, I've only been able to admire their designs from afar. Their designs are so wonderfully unique and funky, but I prescribe to a more everyday functional and simple style. 

I thought about getting a Michael Kors watch like a lot of people, but found them to be bulky, heavy, and not really me. Plus, I was worried that metal bands would cause an allergic reaction, especially under sweaty Asian summer conditions. I had pretty much given up the thought of wearing a wristwatch again until I saw this simple gentleman sitting at the duty free shop in Pudong Airport today. Welps, snatching this watch up was the only good thing that came out of my flight being postponed today.... Hawaii (again) tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

This is a really cool website that shows you all the different styles Swatch has come out with over the last 3 decades. And I just found my original watch!!!!!! Memories... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment